NEW WORKSHOP October 13 and November 4
Fit from Within (6-13yrs) 10:00am – 3:00pm
Nourish the mind & body with a day of yoga, movement, cooking, eating, arts, crafts & fun! Taught by Kristy Cohen, CYT, M.S.Ed, Elisha Simpson, laughing heart yoga RCYT, RYT-200 and Susan Chasen of the Organic Teaching Kitchen, Kids can participate in this workshop and learn how to cook their own organic meals, yoga, meditation and movement classes, arts and crafts and make their own dessert! Class held at The Organic Teaching Kitchen, 18 Old Post Road South, Croton on Hudson, NY $95
Pre-register: fitfromwithin.com/camp or call 914-319-4010
NEW CLASS Sunday October 18 and November 15
Family Yoga (7 -101yrs) 3:30 – 4:30pm
FREE TRAIL CLASS OCT 18
Offered monthly with varying content including partner yoga, circus yoga activities, discussion, and the opportunity to quiet the mind through visualization and relaxation.
Class held at PranaMoon Yoga Studio at the Hat Factory in Peekskill. FREE CLASS OCTOBER 18. November class: $25 adult/child, $5 for additional child. Pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914 319 4010
ONGOING Thursdays Oct 2 – Dec 11
Tween Yoga (8 – 12yrs) 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Pre-register at yoga sol 5 Old Post Road South, Croton on Hudson, NY. $180/10 weeks. (pro-rating available) Info: 914.319.4010
ONGOING Sundays Sept 14 – Dec 14 no class Oct 12, Nov 30
Teen yoga (13-17yrs) 2:00pm – 3:15pm
Pre-register at yoga sol 5 Old Post Road South, Croton on Hudson, NY. $210/12 weeks. (prorating available) Info: 914.319.4010
The League of Women Voters of the Rivertowns will be registering voters at the Ajna Center, 18 Old Post Road South, Croton-on-Hudson, from 11 am to 3pm.
If you would like to help with Voter Registration, please contact Lisa Cohen at 827-9805
For more information, or to register to vote, please visit http://www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org/
Studio notes and updates-
-Teen Yoga starts TODAY!
A few spots are left!
Register in the studio.
-Yoga Sol Kids classes registration is still open.
-Power-Flow Yoga with Kiernan has a new time:
-a NEW Mat Pilates with Jen class starts
Friday, Sept. 19th, 11:30am-12:30pm.
-Restorative Yoga with Alexa
Friday, September 19th, 7-8:30pm.
-Join us for a very special
“community Mala” fall Equinox celebration
Sunday, September 21st, 4pm.
Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
When and WhereMonday, September 15, 20146:30 p.m.Muriel H. Morabito Community Center29 West Brook DriveCortlandt Manor, NY 10567What to wearREDWhatThe Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Public Hearing regarding the Spectra/Algonquin Incremental Markets (AIM) Natural Gas pipeline, compressor and metering stations expansion project.Key Points
- Spectra Energy is proposing to run a new 42 inch pipeline 1.2 miles beneath the Hudson River from Stony Point to Verplanck. They will then proceed to install a 42 inch diameter pipe from Verplanck, through the Village of Buchanan and continuing through Northern Westchester. The expanded pipeline will be located within 500 feet of the Buchanan Verplanck School and thousands of private homes in the area.
- The location of the pipeline within close proximity to the Indian Point Nuclear facility and the dry cask spent rod storage facility, intersecting with 2 high voltage power lines and in close proximity to a significant seismic zone, poses a risk of catastrophic damage with profound long term impacts on the region.
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) continues to move forward with the permitting process for this dangerous infrastructure dismissive of the urgent need for comprehensive, independent and transparent risk assessments and Health Impact Assessment (HIA). These assessments are imperative and must be completed and fully address all impacts before any decisions are made for potentially permitting this giant high pressure gas pipeline project.Learn moreSTOP THE ALGONQUIN PIPELINE EXPANSION – http://sape2016.org
Singer Songwriter Series: Sal Casabianca, Michael Heaphy, Hosted by Frank Migliorelli
September 25 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Find out more »
Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
- Ralph Mastromonaco. P.E., P.C., Consulting Engineer; re” Requested Zoning Amendment by Amberlands Realty Corporation at Baltic Place. The property is on the Town/ Village border with the part in the Village zoned RA-25. It is on the south side of the commercial property at the southeast corner of Albany Post Road and Baltic Place. Amberlands Realty is requesting the RA_25 parcels be rezoned to C-1 Central Commercial.
- John Corlett, Director, Traffic Safety and Government Affairs; re: 2014 Community Traffic Safety Awards Program. I have no additional information on this program.
- Authorizing the Village Treasurer to make budget transfers to amend the 2013-2014 year-end budget. The transfers are part of the normal “housekeeping’ to finalize the 2013/2014 budget.
- Authorizing the Village Treasurer to transfer $6,500 from the Police D.A.R>E> overtime account to Police part-time personnel service account to pay for part-time employee to teach the D.A.R>E. program at Croton-Harmon schools. The Drug Abuse Resistance Education program (DARE) has been taught by the Croton Police Dept. in the Croton schools for several years. The Youth Officer who taught it has recently retired. This resolution would provide for him to continue to teach it for the fall semester as a part-time employee until such time as a new officer can complete the necessary DARE training.
- Board of Trustees approves employment contract between the Village and the Village Manager and authorizes the Mayor to execute the contract on its behalf. A draft contract has been reviewed by the Board of Trustees as the current contract period is expiring.