We are expecting extremely cold temperatures over the next few days. The following are tips you may wish to follow to protect your home’s plumbing from extreme winter conditions:
• Cover all outside exposed pipes
• Check for and repair any drafts in your doors & foundation
• Leave Kitchen & Bathroom cabinet doors open
• Cut off water & drain water lines from vacant houses
• Set heat no lower than 55 degrees
• Heat outside or exposed utility rooms
• Confirm that water to the outside spigots have been turned off
• In extremely cold conditions you may consider leaving faucets dripping slightly overnight
• You will know the pipes have frozen if water will not come from the faucets.
** If pipes at your home should freeze, consult a plumber immediately and cut off main water valve located in your home.**
Note: NEVER use an open flame to thaw pipes
Bagels on Hudson in Croton On Hudson is hoping their customers like donuts too.
Brave the cold this weekend, come and sample some specially flown-in Belgian Chocolates, and experience unexpected and thrilling fine wine matches; Friday and Saturday; no purchase required.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
2016 North American Wetlands Conservation Act Standard Grants Cycle
$50 million available
Applications Due: February 26, 2016
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced funding to conserve wetlands and wetlands-dependent fish and wildlife through acquisition (including easements and land title donations), restoration, and enhancement. Projects are required to specify how the project area and tracts might be affected by climate change within the next 30 to 50 years and how the proposed activities address climate adaptation. Projects should describe whether they have conducted a climate risk assessment, climate resilience, and climate-adaptive features.
For more information, visit the funding opportunity description.